Holiday celebrations call for recipes of all kinds, but perhaps the most popular dishes are the desserts. Add flavor to your holiday baking with a festive treat like these Peppermint Shortbread Cookies, which call for the seasonal taste of peppermint and the versatility of dairy for a sweet bite after a holiday meal.
Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes freeze time
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and mix on low until combined. Add baking chips and continue mixing on low speed until fully combined.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, form dough into a 12- to 14-inch log and freeze at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut shortbread dough into 1/4-inch slices; bake 13 to 15 minutes on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Gurk of “Rachel Cooks” on behalf of Milk Means More.
Find more recipes for the holidays at milkmeansmore.org.