This upgraded version of the classic Rice Krispies treats, Colossal Confetti Bars, uses three types of breakfast cereals. These bars make a perfect snack to prepare for kids going to summer camp, but they make a spectacular after-school or bake sale treat.
Colossal Confetti Bars
Makes about 1 dozen bars
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1o tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 12 cups (2 1/2 bags) miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups honey-coated cereal squares
- 5 cups fruit flake cereal
- Lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable-oil cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add salt and marshmallows; stir with a wooden spoon until the marshmallows break down and become like a thick paste. Remove pot from heat. Add cereals to pot and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. To minimize sticking, coat your hands with cooking spray and press the mixture evenly into the dish. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Cut mixture into 3-by-3-inch squares. Store in an airtight container up to 4 days.